If you notice that Fox News videos won’t play in Chrome, there is a good chance that cached data is the cause and you should clear the cache. Aside from that, you may want to disable and re-enable the extensions, change settings of antivirus programs, etc. Spare a bit of your time to check out this article and learn what must be done to watch videos on Fox News via Chrome.
Like other browsers, Chrome collects cached data to accelerate many processes as you visit websites. Needless to say, if the cache runs into problems, it’s highly likely that Chrome would go haywire. You have a hard time watching Fox News videos while using Chrome? In that case, it’s wise to take cache into account.
All in all, by taking advantage of extensions, you could customize aspects of Chrome to your liking. That being said, it’s not uncommon for extensions to mess up browsers and web videos not playing is one of the signs. Thus, it’s strongly recommended that you give extensions some thought if Fox News videos won’t play in Chrome. On the bright side, you don’t have to do much if your video issue is caused by extensions.
Usually, antivirus programs don’t impose restrictions on website videos but if you enable certain settings, they could create some issues. For instance, if you own Kaspersky and enable anti-banner, it could prevent videos on websites like Fox News from playing.
Solution 1: Clear Cache
In Chrome, corruption in cached data leads to all sorts of errors but everything would go back to normal once you clear the cache.
- Step 1: Open Chrome, click the three-dot icon in the top-right, hover your mouse over More tools and pick Clear browsing data.
- Step 2: Set the time range then check the checkboxes of Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- Step 3: Hit Clear data.
Solution 2: Check Out The Extensions
You suspect your extensions to be responsible for Fox News videos not playing in Chrome? Then it’s widely advised that you disable and re-enable all of your extensions.
- Step 1: Open Chrome, click the three-dot icon in the top-right, hover your mouse over More tools and pick Extensions.
- Step 2: Toggle the switch in the bottom right corner of each of the extensions to “disabled”
- Step 3: Restart Chrome, visit Fox News and watch some videos. If the video loads smoothly, feel free to conclude that an extension is at fault. At that point, you should re-enable the extensions one by one, locate the troublemaker and get rid of it.
Solution 3: Apply Changes To Settings Of Antivirus Programs
The process is no-nonsense: go through the settings of your antivirus programs, identify those that affect website content and reconfigure them. Let’s say that you own Kaspersky an Anti-Banner is enabled, go through the steps down below to disable it:
- Step 1: Open Kaspersky.
- Step 2: Hit the gear icon to open Settings.
- Step 3: Go to Protection then toggle the switch next to Anti-Banner to “disabled”.
- Step 4: Close Kaspersky.
- Step 5: Play Fox News videos on Chrome then determine whether the issue persists.
Is Fox News free on Roku?
You can add the Fox News channel to your Roku device for free. However, you will need to create a Roku account and provide your credit card information. After you finish, you can watch Fox News on your Roku device.
How much does it cost to stream Fox News?
If you do not have a cable or satellite TV subscription, you can still stream Fox News l via streaming services such as Sling TV, YouTube TV, … The cost of streaming services starts at $6 per month.