While people find Elgato Game Capture HD Software useful, many don’t think highly of its sound capture which is why how to uninstall Elgato sound capture is a hotly discussed topic. You want to get rid of Elgato sound capture but don’t know what must be done? In that case, you have come to the right place.
Removing Elgato Sound Capture: Compilation
Method 1: Uninstall And Reinstall Elgato Game Capture HD
In layman’s terms, it’s impossible to remove sound capture from Elgato Game Capture HD Software after the installation finishes. That means if you like to get rid of sound capture, you have no choice but to uninstall and reinstall Game Capture HD Software.
- Step 1: Go to the Search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
- Step 2: In the Control Panel, change View by to Small icons then hit Program and features.
- Step 3: Locate Elgato Game Capture HD, right-click it and pick Uninstall.
- Step 4: The moment the uninstallation completes, restart your computer.
- Step 5: Download and install the latest version of Elgato Game Capture HD. Once asked, uncheck the checkbox next to Sound Capture. By doing so, you could get the most out of Game Capture HD Software while avoiding its dreaded sound capture.
Method 2: Turn Off Sound Capture
If you don’t like sound capture but lack the patience to uninstall and reinstall Game Capture HD Software, you could opt for the “out of sight, out of mind” approach. By turning off sound capture, you no longer have to worry about it as you use Game Capture HD Software.
- Step 1: Open Elgato, go to Elgato Sound Capture and set it to off.
- Step 2: Proceed to uncheck the default device for playback as well as the default communication device for playback.
- Step 3: Right-click your Taskbar, click Task Manager and go to Startup tab. Next, locate Elgato Sound Capture, right-click it and pick Disable. That should stop sound capture from getting on your nerves in upcoming recording sessions.
An Overview Of Elgato Game Capture HD
You have heard great things about Elgato Game Capture HD Software but still want to learn more about it? Then you should check out the following information.
What Is Elgato Game Capture HD?
As its name suggests, Elgato Game Capture HD is a program used to control your Elgato capture card for optimal streaming/recording experience. Using Elgato Sound Capture, which is incorporated into the 3.1 version Elgato Game Capture HD, you can include your PC audio into your streams or recordings.
- Voice chats such as Skype or Discord calls.
- Music from various sources such as Spotify, YouTube, Pandora, iTunes, etc.
- Record full PC gameplay audio without needing to use any additional programs or hardware.
Elgato Sound Capture Compatibility
- Elgato Game Capture HD
- Elgato Game Capture HD60
- Elgato Game Capture HD60 S
- Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro
How To Use Elgato Sound Capture
When you wish to launch the program, you can do so from a desktop shortcut, program list, or the settings icon under Sound Capture in Elgato Game Capture HD. You should see a multitude of modes, which are Off, Team Chat, Music, PC Gaming and Advanced. Each of the modes is designed to record the corresponding audio. Other than Off, which is self-explanatory, we will go over how you can utilize these modes.
- Step 1: Open Elgato Game Capture HD.
- Step 2: Open Elgato Sound Capture.
- Step 3: Select Team Chat mode from the bar at the top.
- Step 4: Under settings, select your audio input and output from “What’s your microphone for chat?” and “Where do you want to hear your friends’ voices?”, respectively.
- Step 5: Close the app, open your team chat client such as Skype and you will notice the volume level move in Elgato Game Capture HD. This means that the audio is being successfully recorded.
- Step 1: With Elgato Sound Capture open, select Music from the bar at the top.
- Step 2: Select your prefered audio output from “Where do you want to hear your music?” under settings.
- Step 3: Close the program.
- Step 1: Set up your device for PC recording. (HD / HD60 Pro)
- Step 2: Open Elgato Sound Capture and select PC Gaming from the bar at the top.
- Step 3: Select your audio input and output from “Where do you want to hear your PC Gameplay?” and “Which output is your Elgato Game Capture Device connected to?”, respectively.
- Step 4: Close the program.
Unlike the other modes, Advanced features a configuration menu where you can freely output all of the PC’s audio to multiple outputs. Check the boxes to make sure Elgato Sound Capture is set as your default playback device. Now you are free to set your output device to anything you prefer, such as your headset, speakers or the Elgato Gaming device.