As the visual design of Windows 11 attracts more and more attention from the community, it’s not uncommon to see people asking about Windows 10 rounded corners. Depending on the situation, it’s possible to get rounded corners for Windows 10 by using DeviantArt themes, downloading and installing RoundedTB, editing Windows Registry, … Continue reading if you like to give your Windows 10 PC a new look.
Getting Rounded Corners For Windows 10: Breakdown
Note: In the beginning, it’s strongly recommended that you create a restore point in System Restore. If things don’t go the way you want, you could use the restore point to recover your computer. To create a restore point, go to Search bar, type System Restore and press Enter. Afterward, go to System Protection tab then follow the instructions there to create a restore point.
Use DeviantArt Themes
- Step 1: Secure a stable Internet connection, launch your browser and visit the link “https://mhoefs.eu/software_uxtheme.php?lang=en”.
- Step 2: Under the Download section, hit the button saying UltraUXThemePatcher. Proceed to run the installer then go through on-screen prompts.
- Step 3: Go back to your browser, visit “https://www.deviantart.com/kdr3w/art/Matte-758699852” and download a theme. Feel free to choose whatever theme you like as long as it sports rounded corners).
- Step 4: Extract the files, copy the contents of the folder named Theme and paste everything to the directory: C:\Windows\Resources\Themes
- Step 5: Go to Settings > Personalization > Theme then enable the theme.
Download And Install RoundedTB
- Step 1: Secure a stable Internet connection, launch your browser and visit the link https://github.com/torchgm/RoundedTB/releases/download/R3.1/RoundedTB_R3.1.zip. Step 2: The download will start automatically so you should allow it to run from start to finish then extract the files.
- Step 3: Open the new folder, locate RoundedTB and open it. Next, set Margin to 2 and Corner radius to 10 then hit Apply. Now, you should have Windows 10 rounded corners that you desire.
Edit Windows Registry
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type Regedit and press Enter to open Registry Editor.
- Step 2: Navigate to the directory: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search\
- Step 3: Right-click an empty space on the right, pick New, hit DWORD (32-bit) Value and name it ImmersiveSearch. Give the new entry value 1.
- Step 4: Navigate to the directory: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search\Flighting\
- Step 5: Right-click Flighting, pick New, hit Key and name it Override.
- Step 6: Selec Override, right-click an empty space on the right, pick New and choose DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name the new entry ImmersiveSearchFul and give a value of 1.
- Step 7: In the same location, create another DWORD (32-bit) Value, name it CenterScreenRoundedCornerRadius and give a value of 9.
- Step 8: Restart your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are The Advantages of Rounded Corners?
- They are immediately noticeable.
- They allow eyes to follow lines easily.
- They appear less bright which eases eye stress.
- They are appealing and contribute to an optimal UI experience.
Where Can I Get Themes For Windows 10?
Click the link, and pick your Windows version. Next, expand categories, choose a link to a suitable theme, and hit Open. That is going to save the theme to your PC and put it on your desktop.
Should I Use Third-Party Theme Installers?
It’s ok to use third-party theme installers but you should keep an eye out for malware. Stick to reputable websites if you want to download themes. Aside from that, it’s wise to get your antivirus programs to scan webs and prevent them from redirecting you to malicious sites out of the blue. Last but not least, make sure that your browser scans the files below allowing them to be downloaded.
Do I Have To Customize My Desktop?
Regarding desktop customization, it’s up to you but by customizing the desktop, you could achieve:
- Improved comfort
- Soothing atmosphere
- Sense of familiarity