Like other Windows apps, Xbox could experience bugs in use and Xbox Windows 10 app not getting party invites is one of the consequences. To get rid of the bugs, it’s strongly recommended that you reset the Xbox app. If the issue persists, you should modify the notification settings, run the Xbox app in windowed mode, check out Internet connection, etc. Read to the end to learn what must be done and get the most out of the Xbox app on your PC.
Quite a few factors influence the performance of the Xbox app on Windows computers. That being said, regarding Xbox Windows 10 app not getting party invites, the usual suspects include:
- Notification settings
- Game bar
Solution 1: Reset Xbox
“When in doubt, restart” is a rule of thumb that is applicable to a wide range of situations including Xbox Windows 10 app not getting party invites. To reset Xbox, you must go through the steps down below:
- Step 1: Press Windows + I to open Settings then go to Apps.
- Step 2: In Apps & features, locate Xbox, click it and pick Advanced options.
- Step 3: Scroll down, hit Reset and confirm your action.
- Step 4: After you finish, restart your computer.
- Step 5: When the screen comes back on, see how things turn out.
Solution 2: Modify The Notifications Settings
For your information, the notifications settings dictate the way that notifications present themselves to you. If you cannot receive party invites on Xbox, it’s a good idea to change the notification settings.
- Step 1: Press Windows + I to open Settings, select System then choose Notifications & Actions.
- Step 2: Toggle the switch under Get notifications from apps and senders to on.
- Step 3: Scroll down to Get notifications from these apps and make sure that the Xbox switch is toggled on.
- Step 4: Open Xbox, navigate to Settings > Notifications and check the checkbox next to Party & game invitations.
- Step 5: Restart your computer.
Solution 3: Launch Xbox In Windowed Mode
- Step 1: Launch your game via Xbox.
- Step 2: Hover your mouse to the top of the screen to reveal a menu.
- Step 3: Hit the three diagonal arrows button to enable windowed mode.
Solution 4: Check Out Internet Connection
Xbox could only perform to its full potential if the Internet connection is stable. If the Internet connection is less than ideal, the performance of many features should suffer and party invitation is not an exception. Thus, if you have a hard time getting party invites, restart router, change network, etc. In times of need, don’t hesitate to contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Will resetting the Xbox app delete data?
Resetting the Xbox app can take care of many problems but it also wipes all app data in the process. That means accounts, saved games, settings and so on would vanish after the reset finishes.
Is it possible to play Xbox console without Wi-FI?
In layman’s terms, you could use your Xbox console in the absence of Wi-Fi. However, it’s noteworthy that without Wi-Fi, there is no way to access certain features.
What must be done to play Xbox games remotely?
Today’s Xbox consoles support Remote Play so you don’t have to do much to play Xbox games remotely. In the beginning, make sure that your home network is set up correctly and that you have a solid Internet connection. Next, enable Remote Play on your Xbox console (Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features) and change Sleep mode to Standby. Now you have to go to your PC, launch the Xbox app, select the Consoles icon and choose the console you want to connect to. Last but not least, play to your heart’s content.